Lacquer Drying with infrared STIR®
All coatings on all surfaces.
Many coatings require heat to build the desired paint film. Infrared heaters can bring this heat contact-free into the lacquer. Our infrared heater offer very good results in the dryer caused by defined furnace chamber climate. Due to short drying periods the energy costs can be reduced. Another saving can be accomplished by the economic life-time of the heaters of more than 10.000 hrs. Therefore rare maintenance costs will arise.
Besides this monetary benefits, clearly qualitative improvements can be achieved. This results for instance less swelling of the fiber for timber materials. Due to the gentle energy input breast boarding, shrinkage cracks or pimples can be prevented. Lacquer films stay open.
Gelation and cross-linking of powder coatings
Lacquer Types: Acrylic-powder coating, polyester-powder coating, Epoxy- powder coating, UV-powder coatings
Materials: glass, SMC, timber, wooden composites
Applications: compressed gas cylinder, battery covers, MDF fiberboards, formed SMC parts, stainless steel and coil sheets, car rims, cast fittings, pole stacked cores in generators...
Drying and hardening of water-based varnish on plastics of all kinds
Lacquer Types: water-based varnishes, fillers, priming, color priming; isolation- and decor lacquers
Materials: PP-EPDM-T20, R-EMPP, PVC
Applications: for the production of furniture, window profiles, car parts, topcoats on rotor blades, electric motor, submersible pumps,...
Drying and hardening of water-based varnish on timber
Lacquer Types: 1K- and 2K- water-based varnish, fillers, priming, color priming, hydrous UV-lacquers; bating of all colors
Materials: timber, MDF fiberboards, flake boards
Applications: timber- and timber/aluminum-window profiles, hospital beds and healthcare furniture, furniture manufacturing,...
Drying and hardening of solvent-based coatings
Lacquer Types: 1K-solvent-based
Materials: coatings as solder resist, protective lacquer
Applications: conductor plates for automotive-assemblies, Gelation and Hardening of potting materials
Benefits for all types of lacquer
- Extremely short availability times, overall process is possible in temperature ramps
- Very easy to regulate, faster changeover of recipes for assortment changes
- Partial irradiation by modular construction in selectable form
- Variable 3D-geometries by horizontal and vertical heaters
- A STIR®-drying zone is able to realize all sub-processes for multiple throughputs
- For dissolver adjusted heater-temperatures and cavity free construction
- Batwing radiator with constant temperature profile
- Gelation without air circulation, without powder shifts and powder burning
- Hot coating of pre-heated parts for non-conductive parts
- Better bonding, higher chemical resistance
- Prevention of lacquer errors (e.g. pin pricks, blistering, cracks, gloss differences)
- Standard water-based lacquers and UV lacquers can be implemented on a single system